Dangers of taking steroids: Uses and possible side effects
Steroids are used by different people for different reasons. they are prescribed to teens who suffer from stunted growth. Adults and athletes use them for gaining strength and treating certain diseases. However, everything that has benefits comes with some risk factors.
Steroids are one of the most prominent companions of bodybuilders and athletes. However, they should be taken only when they are prescribed by doctors or your family physician.
Steroids or synthetic hormones especially testosterone are used for different reasons. The main aim of anabolic steroids is to maintain health and muscular strength, however, they come with certain side-effects that must not be avoided.
In this article, we will cover the following
1. The benefits of steroids
2. The harmful side effects of the steroids
By analyzing these two points, we will come to know if we should take steroids or not.
What are anabolic steroids
Also known as the AAS or Anabolic Androgenic Steroids, the main aim of them is to heal and help strengthen the skeletal system and increase muscle mass.
Yes, they are synthetic drugs that mimic the effects of testosterone hormones and help boost sex drive muscle growth.
The testosterone gets attached to the cell nucleus and triggers the growth of protein that is responsible for the treatment as well as the reproduction of cells and tissues in the body.
Benefits of Legal steroids
1. They are used by bodybuilders to enhance the growth of their muscular tissues. They are used to rapidly increase muscle mass and strength.
2. Since they help stimulate muscle and tissue growth, they are used by both bodybuilders and athletes to help speed up the muscle recovery process.
3. Steroids are prescribed to patients who have AIDS and any other tissue related disease and even in the case of major accidents, steroids act as the central part of treatment. They heal the nerves and the tissues and hence help in the proper recovery of the patient.
4. For kids or teens, they are used as growth triggering hormones and hence help them in growing faster than the other children.
Taking anabolic steroids should be closely monitored by professionals. However, in most of the cases, these steroids are often purchased illegally on the black market. This is one of the biggest mistakes done by the people that lead them to face the serious side of the drugs.
Dangers of using Steroids
Hormones that are made naturally in the body are more effective than synthetic steroids. If you are taking them in the synthetic form you should make sure that your body is responding positively to the dose.
1. For women who take steroids, they will show more masculine features and will suffer from excess body hair and facial bone deformity.
2. Irregular menstrual cycle, reduced breast size, and enlarged clitoris.
3. For men, often there are issues with gynecomastia (man boobs)
4. The change in the size of the prostate gland will lead to irregularity in the sexual health including issues with infertility and impotence.
5. We do not have to tell you about the steroid addiction. It is one of the most dangerous effects of taking steroids.
6. Acne, increased heartbeat, headache, depression, hair loss, mood swings and much more some of the common side effects on both man and woman who take steroids.
In spite of the bad reputation steroids have, they do offer several medical benefits, the side effects that come from taking anabolic steroids is often due to abuse. Bodybuilders tend to take them in exceeding doses. That is why we often hear of them suffering from liver, heart and kidney disease. If you do consider taking steroids, moderate use and some common sense will help you avoid serious side effects.